samedi 25 octobre 2008

/2008زيارة 07-08-09-10/10
ارتسامات السيدة عالية كات حول الجمعية






Taznakht Day 5: Moroccan Rugs Unfurled… Finally!
In retrospect, my business with Mohamed’s rug-weaving association, Tacdeft, came much after the pleasure of my joining their family as an honorary member. The three days of acclimation proved useful as I was able to meet the entire family of weavers including Tacdeft’s Council of Administration.All in all it took me three days with the family before I could even ask about the rugs. On the fourth day they unfurled their treasures revealing beautiful symbols, vibrant colors, and fine-tuned craftsmanship. The explosion of color was metered only by the complimentary color choices and the overall composition of the Tilouah-style rugs like the one featured in this post. Despite the slight delay in business talk it was all worth it.When I wrote my business plan, I specifically said that one thing that drew me to the rug culture in Morocco was the way that women sold their rugs; I cherished the fact that before any rugs were sold, you would be invited into the house for tea and a general conversation about your family, your health, and your general state-of-being. Only once all the necessary questions were answered could business begin.My experience in Talouste was no different. Mohamed’s family definitely invited me into their home and treated me like royalty. I got to know the family, joke with them, and break bread with them several times. While it may have taken awhile to buy the Moroccan rugs and move on, I ultimately did something way more important than talking business all day long—I met the family, became comfortable with them, and established a solid base for future business.In retrospect, it seems that as soon as I let go of my American need-for-speed mentality and accepted the fact that I was in it for the long haul I was able to relax and sink into their natural rhythm.

Aucun commentaire: